Followers

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Girly Birthday Card - NOT!

My daughter is the least girly girl I know - even worse than me lol! So she has equally girly friends! I asked her what her friend liked so I could make her a birthday card and the answer was - Spongebob :c)
Hence I made a Spongebob card. To make it a bit more interesting I decided to make an open swing top card to hold her cash pressie kind of using the tutorial here

Me being me however I didn't write down the measurements and couldn't be bothered to wander back to my lappy to check so made it to fit the envelope that I had handy with a bit of muttering when I couldn't get the swing bit to sit straight lol!

Embossing is cuttlebug folders Distressed Stripe and tiny bubbles.
Photobucket

9 comments:

Susan (aka TomsMom) said...

I've never seen Spongebob but my hairdresser loves him (and she's very girly) so he seems to have a legion of friends! This is a great card, I love how you've used the embossing folders and the swing top is very clever.

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely bright card
xx

Tired Mom said...

Great card and love the style. My two like Spongebob but I just find it rather odd! X

Little Pudding Nappy Cakes said...

Fab card my grandson would love it as he loves Spongebob x

Highland Handmade said...

This is fab! Think I need that distressed stripe embossing folder! X

Addams said...

What a lovely card. Thats a great idea using the card to put money in.

dragonllew said...

That looks great what a fab idea to put money in.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, love the swing bit!

PepPop said...

Your daughter has great taste - I love Spongebob. Great card too. Jaqui x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...